Custom theme based on Lithium needs a SpriteDesktop.png for images

• 17 December 2015
  • 0 replies

Badge +6

Symptoms

We created a custom theme based on the Lithium theme. The Lithium theme uses a SpriteDesktop.png for showing small parts of the sprite image on several control items like the radio button and checkbox for instance. To style a radiobutton to a different color then green we need to adjust the SpriteDesktop.png. But to do this we need the source of the sprite image and know how it is generated.

Diagnoses

We have consulted with labs support management regarding this and we cannot release the source of any files, this is part of our policy, unless approved by my management.

If you feel strongly about this, then I suggest that you reach out to your local CAM (services team) who in turn can take the request up with Product Management. We will only be able to release these source files once approved by Product Management (PM).

Our labs team confirmed that you will have the SpritesDesktop.png files, however the actual files (source files) are created via the application called "Expression Design". These source files are compiled (i could not obtain how) into the SpritesDesktop.png.

Resolution

Using Paint.Net to edit the SpriteDesktop.png we changed the Radio Button control to use red icons, I have attached this file called 'SpriteDesktop.png' to the ticket.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!