2 Installation Issues / Errors

• 19 June 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all, I am hoping some of you could help point me in the right direction to finding a fix to my installation issues.

I am getting the following error when i attempt to access the k2 web designer in order to activate it:

Feature
'fe42b787-8cad-4f77-8e81-78e26ad9835c' could not be installed because the
loading of event receiver assembly "SourceCode.WebDesigner.SharePoint.Runtime,
Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" failed:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'SourceCode.WebDesigner.SharePoint.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.File name: 'SourceCode.WebDesigner.SharePoint.Runtime,
Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d'   at
System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark

Now i have installed this product before on a vm in a single farm scenerio, and the only differences with this installation is that our test enviroment has project server installed and that central admin is run on a seperate (app) server.  I only installed the blackpoint software on our WFE and not on the app server.

The only error i got during the actual installation was during the configuration analysis under the Site Collection Administrator Rights but i know that the accounts are collection admins:

Site Collection Administrator Rights
------------------------------------
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_SiteAdministrators()
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.Core.Security.UserIsSiteAdministrator(String userName)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.ReflectionHelpers.Call(Object target, String method, Object[] args)
   at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Tasks.SharepointAdminRights.OnValidate()
   at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Model.Task.Validate()

Additionally, when i try to access the Management Console on K2 For SharePoint site i get this error:

Could not load
file or assembly 'SourceCode.ManagementAPI, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.
(though it does exist in the GAC.)

I found the kb article that describes the first issue perfectly, but its for a prior version 0902 (4.9040.1.0) and i installed 0902 (4.9040.2.0)  and its for the Integration Content link not the web designer...

http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000415.aspx

If anyone has any ideas where to start trying to fix these issues, i would greatly appreciate it.  I have tried reinstalling twice now to no avail.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi Pslydel,

Just a quick question: What version of Windows OS your are running on these servers? Windows 2003 SP1, SP2 or Windows 2008 SP1 or SP2?

Regards,