Daily Email Reminder for application without workflow

• 7 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

I am looking for a feature where i can create a daily email reminder in an application without workflow. I tried to search around but most of it is asking to create a workflow escalation. For this application I am developing, there are no workflow associated with it. Is there any other way to do Email reminder?

4 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

You cannot do this out of the box. All the email related events are located within workflows, so currently, there is no way to trigger any sort of email from within K2 without using workflow.

You can try out the Exchange Mailbox Service Broker someone uploaded onto the market. Please note that this service broker are not created by K2, and is therefore not supported by K2. If you have any problems with the service broker, you can post your question on that page or contact the creator of that service broker.

Badge +10

I post this a while back...

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Ability-to-schedule-Loops-and-Workflows-in-BlackPearl/m-p/86451#M26656

hope this help =) 

Hi boringNerd,

Thank you for your explaination on third party tool but we are not going to that route. I had an idea where i will just create a store procedure to sent out email since i could not find any K2 feature to trigger email withou any triggering yet.

Hi K2CaveMen,

It is a good suggetion but it will not work on my case because i will start to spam the user frequently as more forms the user creates. On my case it should be like an alert which will be triggered automatically at 7AM and 7PM. I am thinking to use stored procedure and schedule task to achieve this.