deploy problem

Badge +3

I am getting an error when I deploy the solution. I have checked MSDTC and ensured  Network DTC Access is checked and allow remote clients , Allow inbound and allow outbound are also checked. the error is detailed below thanks

Info    10530 Executing Method: 'GetSmartObjects(string[] names)' ...
Error   10521 SmartObject Runtime.Management General Error: 'Communication with
the underlying transaction manager has failed.'
Error   10521 SmartObject Runtime.Management General Error: 'Error HRESULT E_FAI
L has been returned from a call to a COM component.
'
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.PublishSmartObjects, Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a ca
ll to a COM component.

Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.PublishSmartObjects, Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a ca
ll to a COM component.

Error   8060 ProcessPacket Error, Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a
call to a COM component.

Info    1025 Ending Session 1D04FCF80AA3583E2B713378C1811FC0

2 replies

Badge +8

Just to check, did you enable DTC on both the K2 Server and the SQL Server?

We've also seen cases where cloned VMWare machines' DTC calls fail because the CID values are not unique. You can use DTCPing to check for this.

Badge

I just went through an extensive K2 installation and after completion, we had the same type of errors when deploying our first K2 solution to the server.  The problem was related to cloned VMWare machines with duplicate CID values in the registry.  Also, DTCPing did not always show that the DTC service had issues.

To fix this issue, you must open a command window and run "msdtc -uninstall"

Then, open the Services MSC and refresh to ensure that the DTC service is no longer appearing in the listing.

Finally, run "msdtc -install" from the command window.

This process will reinstall the DTC service with a new GUID and should fix communication issues related to the DTC service.  Microsoft KBs recommend using GuidGen to create a new GUID and rebuild the DTC CID in the registry.  I believe the uninstall and reinstall process to be a bit simpler.

I am interested to hear of any other communication issues related to VM boxes that are cloned since I imagine other conflicts may exist.  I have already seen that the NETBIOS machine names should not be relied on when using cloned boxes.  Using the FQDN when configuring K2 connections to other services generally will be more reliable in VM environments.