downgrade smartforms from 4.10 to -- 4.7 or 4.8

• 4 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

smartforms 4.10 is not compatiable with IE browser 8, and to make is accesible to all users, is there any fix for it? or can we downgrade smartforms to make it compatiable to IE Version 8

we have developed our application in smartforms version 4.10, will it imact our entire application if we downgrade?

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi, Priya,

Since IE 8 is not supported with 4.6.10, could you not upgrade your browser?

An application, developed on 4.6.10 will not be supported on a lower K2 Blackpearl version.

Also, you can not 'downgrade' SmartForms' only. They won't work with Blackpearl if they are not the compatible version.

Kind Regards,

MA

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi ,

I don't think it's possible to do downgrade, But I am sure that it will effect your existed applications as K2 doesn't allow you to deploy projects has been created in higher environment than the current, it also depends on what you're using in your applications.

There are controls, events, actions... were not presented in 4.6.7 or 4.6.8 and if you are using them, you'll see loads of issues in your environment .

What makes you think that a previous version of K2 won't cause the same issue? 

Badge +7

Dear MA,

Yes upgrading Browser is definately the best solution, but there are a lot of business activities/ Applications which are conducted on IE browser 8. So i need to check all relevant details before Upgrading Browsers of all employees

Thanks for information, i was checking pros and cons of everything.

Badge +7

Hi Mustafa,

Yes, i had the same query in my mind, Downgrade Smartforms is out of question now, i will try finding solution for Upgrading browsers and making it compatiable to all existing Applications.

Badge +7

@priya_seh,

Internet Explorer Support

On Tuesday, January 12th, Microsoft ends support for Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10. The end of support means that these older versions of Internet Explorer will no longer receive security updates or technical support.

Chadg