select users from SQL Table based on input provided by user like '%abc%'

• 6 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a below requirement to populate users:

1. User need to input 3 characters(abc) and click on Search button.
2. The users from custom table which is like '%abc%' to be shown in UI and the user to select appropriate name from the list.

Any Control in K2 supports this kind of behaviour.

As per my analysis,

• AutoComplete control cannot be populated at runtime. All the users can not be loaded at Initialize as there are 40,000+ users in the SQL table.
  • Dropdown cannot allow user to input.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Poornima TS

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi ,

Search will return the llist .

Thanks,

Arvind

Badge +1

Hi Aravind,

How can the new resultset can be binded to the control?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Poornima TS

Badge +7

I am not sure why Autocomplete wont work. We use auto complete against some very large data sets and you can populate the control in the intialize rule for the form or when some action on the form. The other type of control is a called a picker and it looks a lot like the outlook box where you can type part of the name an hit search and it will bring up the matches. There is a resolve button that if you partially type something and hit resolve it will underline and when you click it will show matches see screen below. I would be careful when you set up the smart object to only check the boxes that you need to search by or you might get some odd results. My configuration below matched managers as well as first and last names.

I think one of these two would be the best fit but there is a 3rd control type called Lookup. My experience with lookup has been it is slow.

13175i969DD230FF00D380.png