Email size issue

• 22 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

When we are trying to send an email through a hyperlink configured in a Smartform, we are getting an attached error.

This issue is only coming when the size of an email is more than 2MB. 

I have checked with the configuration team in case if any email size restriction is in place. He confirmed that there is a restriction but it is much more than 2MB

Thanks

Amit

6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Amit,

Just to confirm are there any attachments tied to this email? If there are, how big are they?

Kind regards,

Yannick

Badge +3

Hi Yannick,

Yes there was an attached of size 2MB tied to the email.

Thanks

Amit

Badge +7

Hi Amit,

I found another customer who had a very similar problem where an email would not send when there was an attachment greater than 2MB. The customer noted that their attachment limit size in Exchange was about 30MB, which sounds like your issue since your restriction is also over 2MB. In their case, it was an MSMQ issue (the link in there may provide some assistance). I'm not sure if you have looked into something like that yet? If you do try it and find you have an "insufficient resources" problem with MSMQ, you can try some of the solutions here.

Otherwise, with your confirmation to Yannick that there is an attachment in the email, I can provide the following workaround. You can instead upload the 2MB attachment to a share store (i.e. SharePoint) and then provide a link to it in the email. I apologize if that's what you did already and if that's what you were trying to communicate already in your first sentence. Good luck in the meantime.

Regards,

Alyssa

Badge

Hi Amit,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Regards

Paul

Badge +3

Hi Paul,

Yes we got it fixed. The problem was with the SharePoint configuration where the mail size limit was set to 1.5 MB.

In my case one exchange server sending an email to another exchange server setup in a SharePoint but it was getting rejected as the mail size exceeded the max size limit.

If you have configured an email to receive all the incoming emails in your SharePoint then I guess you may need to do your configuration settings right.

Thanks

Amit

Badge

Thanks for the reply Amit,

And sorry for not replying sooner, I only just see your reply, I guess the forum doesn't send notifications or maybe I need to configure them.

I think my problem is different to yours as I dont send the emails to sharepoint. But thanks for getting back to me!

I have tried working with the K2 customer support portal but I am not getting anywhere, the only advice they can give me is it is an MSMQ issue and the only way around it is to link to a file in share point rather than attach it to the email. It sounds a more efficient approach but unfortunatly I cannot take this approach with my process, attachements are a requirement. 

So to anyone else who has encountered a similar issue I would be interested to know how it was solved. From what I can see the MSMQ size limit applies only to v2.0 and I have v6 on my server. On with the investigations..........