K2 Installation Issue

Badge +1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install a demo version of K2 blackpoint on my VM and I face the following issue. 

When I select "Full Installation" option from the K2 installer wizard I get the following message box 

" The default ports that K2 blackpoint uses are in use. Select  custom installation to change the ports. "

I am not too sure what and how I need to change the ports, since the "custom installation"  too does not provide any options on its interface to do that. 

Any pointers ?

Thanks !

Manish

2 replies

Badge +1

Okay I think I seem to have got over the issue of conflicting port numbers by changing the port number of the sharepoint site which was set to 5555 which is also the same port number that was going to be used by the K2 server.

I seem to have bumped into another issue now. The K2 installer is saying that a pre-requisite is having windows server 2003 and .net framework 3.0. The VM I am using was created using Windows server 2008 and .net framework 3.5. Does it mean K2 isnt compatible with server 2008 as yet ? 

Thanks

Manish

Badge +9
There is going to be an updated 0807 installer that will be released soon.  This particular version will support Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008 (but not VS2008.  That will be for the 090x installer).