Transfer Value to Process

• 21 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi 

I have k2 studio workflow. I need to tranfer value (from smartforms text box control value to the process  ) . Ths probelm is that this is getting blank

I am using smartform cleint event . in this event wizard there is one section called 'Transfer Form Data to Workflow'. Here I created data field and transferring control value to data field. This is coming blank

I have checked this with  Process Overview report (in k2 workspace ) which is coming blank for this variable

Any suggestion on this 

Will it work or i need to take help of data field event

Thanks and Regards

Manoj

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

As I understand, when you transer data from Form to Process it has to be from an action on the process (i.e. Start workflow or Action worklist Item) 

14854i1506563538BFCE46.png

Badge +3

Hi Mustafa

I am not clear on your solution . Please have more details on it.

I am using k2 studio with  'smart forms client event' used as below

12804iA8D1FCD564A91240.jpg
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear , 

Go to your K2 Designer , Go to the specific form you need to transfer data feild from , then go to the forms rules , you will be using a rule "Action worklist Item"

open its configurations , u will find the data feilds from ur workflow on the left , and form's data feilds on the right , drag the needed feilds u want from Right (from forms feilds)  to the left (Workflow feilds) , but make sure after u create data feilds on k2 studio , u will need to redeploy it , so ur form get to see them .

Best Regards .

Badge +3

I followed as you suggested. However when i open the forms in browser  it throws exception 'Action not founnd'

Badge +2

You do not want to add a new "Action worklist item" action to the form's rules.  You want to edit the one that was created for you when you first ran the SmartForms Client event wizard.

The steps look something like this:

1. Create your form (you might want to create 2 hidden buttons - one for holding the "Open worklist item" steps and one for holding the "Action worklist item" steps)
  2. Create the process
  3. Add an activity to the process
  4. Add the SmartForm Client event to the activity
  5. In the wizard, select the form
  6. Once you get to "Configure Open Worklist Item Rule", select the rule for the "Open worklist item" button you added in step 1
  7. Once you get to "Configure Action Worklist Item Rule", select the rule for the "Action worklist item" button you added in step 1
  8. On "Transfer Form Data to Workflow", add your process data field and configure it to receive the data from the appropriate form control.
  9. Once the wizard is complete, publish the workflow
  10. Open the form in K2 Designer, go to the rule for the "Action worklist item" button.
  11. There should be an "if current Workflow Activity is" check for the particular workflow activity that contains the SmartForm client event
  12. Inside this 'if' should be an "Action worklist item" action, click ehte (configure) link
  13. See if there is already an entry to pass the form data to the workflow, if not, you can add it here.
  14. Save, checkin the form
  15. Test the workflow

16398i9F3DB3ACCB88E2C6.png
16496iA2BB0FAAE8680BEF.png