How do I eliminate the Approve/Reject email in a flexi-task approval and just Approve/Reject on the list and an email goes out?

Badge +1

Hello Community,

I am a newbie to workflows, so please be kind.  I have a workflow that started out as a flexi-task and the approver approved with the usual email,  now they would like to make a change.  One person would like to just go down the list and approve or deny the leave requests with the only email being the one showing approved or denied leave.  The one person doesn't want to have to wait for the flexi-task email to come.  The person would like to just go to the list under Approval Status, reject or deny, and the email goes out.  I would like to add this to the existing flexi-task WF as another branch shooting off of the  workflow.  I have included a copy of the WF.  The left side is correct.  The right side is the side that I need help on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Miriam Beacham‌,

Based on what condition it will go to right/left side. Is it 'Approval Status' field value?

And how the person is editing the item as approve/reject, Is it updating 'Approval Status' field value manually by typing it in the form/ using grid view?.

Please have Approve/Hide buttons on the form. So that the approvers can approve it by opening the form. In this case once requestor submitting the form a flexi task will send a email, if the approver don't want to wait for that, he can open the form and he can approve/reject it. on each button you have update value into a temporary field based on that field value it will go to left side or right side (and also approve/reject on right side). Also instead temporary field use 'Approval Status' field from the form (by entering approve/reject values).

Thanks,

Badge +1

Hello,

Thank you so much for your concern. Although the problem has been solved, we did add on the right side an Approve Status field value on the W/F and the user was able to update the list. Thank you again so much for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

One person would like to just go down the list and approve or deny the leave requests

how does the user will know he/she already or still can approve or reject the request/item?

how you will make sure if a change happen to the request/item, the change was make by supposed person and the change was meant to be final approval/reject?

I do not want to say it is not possible, but it's unnecessarily way more complex.

you should convince/teach your user that's the way sharepoint/nintex approval works and he/she should accept it.

if you accept any exceptions, you will only make troubles yourself