Filter on null field

• 19 January 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

We have a SmartObject integrated in an Infopath form as a secondary data. The SO is used to feed a drop down list and we want to display only the record that have a null value in a field.

We were able to get the propper list using the SmartObject Service Tester using the filter functionality. Is there a way to have access to those function in Infopath or a way to set the Input Properties to null.

The SmartObject is a join between two SQL tables and we want to show in the drop down list the record that are in one table but not in the other.

Thanks  

5 replies

Badge +9
I have run into this problem before with InfoPath + SmartObjects, I believe it is a confirmed bug.  You'll have to get all values and do the filtering through InfoPath, sorry.
Badge +2
Kindly suggest if there has been any workaround for this. I am filtering smart object against a value which is null in sql database and it's not working.
Badge +8

Use the string scnull as the value for your field when filtering.  This is an "undocumented special string" in K2.  When code is executed against SmartObjects, this string s converted to NULL.

Badge +2

Actually i have the same issue and tried to bypass using sql view and add additial flag column has string value '' and try on the filter to use is not empty and but didn't work

by the way SCNULL working only as parameter not as a filter

Badge +2

Did you have any luck with this?  scnull isn't working when using it as a filter, but I only want to pull records where a field doesn't have  a value.