Form jumps when selecting an option

• 9 November 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Hi Guys

We have
created a Nintex form that has a drop down at the beginning of the form and the drop down offers options but when you select one option in the drop down a whole panel shows up with some data in that panel selected depending on the options.

Our problem is the form jumps after selecting the option in the drop down. What causes this to happen? In the main panel we have filters that filter data based on the drop down, so I am not sure if this is what causes the jump and how do I disable this or stop it from jumping.

Regards

Bhuti & Chantal Willemburg

6 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

Make sure your panel is not overlapping other controls.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +6

Okay, thank you Christophe will check this.

Regards

Bhuti

Badge +9

Hi Chantel,

It looks like is a refresh of the page.

Do you have the same behaviour when you publish the page?

Can you check that the code displaying your panel is not refreshing your page?

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +7

There was some refresh problems with lookup dropdown in previouses versions of Forms.....maybe check if your NINTEX install is up to date !

Latest versions solved this issue.

Badge +6

Hi Guys

This weekend we upgraded to the latest release of Nintex Forms and the refresh is still happening.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Bhuti

Badge +6

Hi Guys

I have made a new finding about this issue. In my UAT environment it does not happen but in my production environment it happens.

We have even created a simple form on UAT with filter lookups and it works seamlessly but as soon as I take that same list and same form to my production environment it jumps.

So to me this looks like a SharePoint environment setting issue any takers?

I am think more in the lines of Post back settings? What are the implications of higher postback vs lower post back?

Will a postback settings for InfoPath affects Nintex forms too?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Bhuti