Multi-Select - how do I cause the Multi-Select control to select an item on initialise

• 18 August 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi All,

I have a scenario where a multi-select control opens up an existing set of records chosen earlier - for arguments sake I have a total of 10(item1 through item10) items while I have chosen 7(item2 through to item8)

What I want to happen is show items not yet selected (item1,item9, item10) on the Left hand side while showing the chosen 7(item2 through to item8) on the Right hand side.

And so the behaviour is to show the user items available on the left and items already chosen on the right, and so I can load a smartobject and it shows the left hand 1,9,10 correctly.

My issue is I am unable to set the right hand items, I tried data transfer and transfered one value to the right hand column and it did nothing. 

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi All, 

Solved, the rule around how this control behaves is that

- smart object values alre loaded into the left hand side initaly leaving the right hand side blank

- if you what to create the effect of some items being selected do a data transfer of items into the control *however the values in the data transfer must exist in the left hand side otherwise you get nothing.

So acording to what I mentioned earlier its possible to initialy load the left hand control with smartobject items for example 1 to 10; then to show the effect of a selection (show on the right hand side) do a data transfer of the items you need. And so if we data transfer 2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10 we will have just one item remaining on the left (item 1;) while the transfered items will jump across to the right (2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10).

Yes its in the doco, but its ambiguous when one tries to add a data transfer with an item thats not part of the data set. i.e. if I were to transfer 2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11 then 11 would not be there.

Well and if you data transfer 55;0;-1;ABC;pieceoftext;anythingyoulike; well if you do that then absolutely nothing will happen :)