Make Workflow Email Datafield BOLD?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Anyone know how to make a Datafield in the body of an email BOLD when doing an K2 Studio Workflow Email Event?

I have an email i'm sending via the Workflow and using some Datafields (containing text) into the body of the email message.

I click the Green Datafield and select BOLD and then save and deploy the Process, but when using the form, the email datafield isn't coming up as BOLD

Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Close: Just found answer, right-click on the field and it's there on the right-click menu.....doh

Badge +4

I use an HTML template to give me more control over how the content is display (see attached for an example). 

Badge +7

We use the inline email template from the market place. You can put the entire body in a sharepoint list complete with process data and you can call any smart object for data.

An example is we send an email with every field from the form and a table that shows rows of data entered and we also show a table of workflow activity. In this way the user never opens the form and can approve via email. This is all stored in the sharepoint list where it can be changed without changing the workflow.

In our early runs we had people want to change the subject or body of an email right after it was deployed to production and it happened over and over. Finally we delinked them.

Micki

Badge +9

HI Mickic,

Can you please let us know how to create sharepoint list item that stores all form datas, form tables and flowflow actvity that can be pulled from the list as smartobject and put in the email body and customize message. This approach seem to be the nice way of decoupling the email message out of workflow.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Badge +7

The inline email editor was created by someone and posted in the community. The link is here

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Email-Template-Inline-Function/ba-p/933

It comes with instructions on how to install and use. You need this to put in process or smart object data. I never got this to work in the Designer only in K2 studio or Visual Studio.

If all you want is regular or rich text you can create a SharePoint list our list is like this

ProcessName- single line of test

ActivityName - Single line of test

Template - Multiple lines of text (rich text)

Subject - Single line of test

PlaintTextTempalte - Multiple lines of text (plain text)

Create a smartobject against the SharePoint list (by the way you can do this with a smartbox as well)

You use "ProcessName" and "ActivityName" to filter the list and you store your rich text in the "Template" field and an email subject in the "Subject" field. We use the "PlaintextTemplate field" with the inline editor when building tables of data.

You only need the inline editor if you want process data or smart object data in your emails.

This is an example of a table where we put the workflow activity data and workflow comments data into an email. We had to use a plain text field to store this as the RTF imbeds some funny stuff. You can fluff this up any old way with standard HTML.

{SMOList}Process,Process_Instance,List,ProcessInstanceID,[PI.ID]{/SMOList}

{SMOList}Activities,Activity_Instance_Destination,List,ProcessInstanceID,[PI.ID] {/SMOList}

{SMOList}Comments,Workflow_Comment,GetList,ProcessInstanceID,[PI.ID] {/SMOList}

<TABLE border=1>

<TR>

<TH align=left>Activity Name</TH>

<TH align=left>User</TH>

<TH align=left>Start Date</TH>

<TH align=left>Finish Date</TH>

<TH align=left>Status</TH>

<TH align=left>Final Action</TH>

</TR>

I hope this helps