Using a person or group variable in a Notification \To\" address"

• 9 September 2014
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi All

I am a real newbie with Nintex.

I have a list (A) which has a people or group column, and a site column.

I have a second list (B) which has a site column.   I am trying to write a workflow which is started from List B, which queries List A by matching the site and then uses the people or group column as a To address for the notification.

I have queried List A successfully, and put the returned value in a variable (Var_Person).  This is a people and group variable - (The sites in List A are unique so I believe that should be ok)

When I try and use the Select People and Groups --Webpage dialog an select Lookup and then use the Workflow variable Var_Pesrson  I get the "No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options." message.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you

Catharine

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.  Is the variable populating in the To field when you get this error?  Could you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Badge +2

Hi - Thank you for replying...

I go into the Select People and Groups web page dialog.  And I go to Lookup, and select the workflow variable.  The workflow variable is returned but then I get the error

Capture1.JPG

I cannot go any further than that because if I try and click ok at this point I get the following error.

Capture2.JPG

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Catharine White‌, without going around in circles. I'd get this logged with support@nintex.com to start with..

Next thing to let us know is what version of Workflow are you running and what version of IE are you running.

Badge +2

Hi

Thank you - I will do that - as I said I am a real newbie - this is my first workflow and I thought I was doing the wrong thing.

My IE is 10.  And Workflow is 2010 (2.3.3.0)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Are you typing these names in the Lookup field, or are you using the little + symbol and then selecting what you need returned.  If you aren't using the + symbol, can you give that method a try and report back here?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Did you get this issue resolved? If so, can you share the answer.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I answered another post on here with this same information that I found on an old forum post, so I figured I would repost it here in case someone was looking:

I found posts on old forums where others are having this problem with certain versions of 2010.   Which version are you running?

I found this temp "workaround" as well although I have not tested it personally:

1.  Click the “Selections” item with the red underlines.
2.  Click “More Names…”
3.  Copy the “ItemProperty…” value so you get the correct syntax, then click <Cancel>.
4.  Paste the value into the email to/cc/from/etc.  Click “Save”.
5.  Re-open the email-action and you should see it as if it added correctly (underlined, without the ItemProperty...).

According to another post:

" From what I understand, this issue has been resolved by the latest Nintex Workflow build, 2.3.10.0. "

which was posted: 08-01-2013