Runtime error occurred. Control could not be found [GUID]

• 3 October 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Not really a question, but I figured I'd post this in the hope that it helps someone else...

My Form suddenly became inoperable with the following error:

Runtime error occurred.

Control could not be found: c215918b-626c-86e5-f11d-bb3b64319930

Event ID: eb383798-831a-4cbb-887b-1c2b5943d07f

Event Name: Init

Form ID: d1b0800a-4357-4482-b98d-c3b5ca2525ca

Form Name: AlphaTest

•Type: System.NullReferenceException

•Source: SourceCode.Forms

•Method Base

◦Member Type: Method

◦Name: LocateControl

◦Module

Scope Name: SourceCode.Forms.dll

◦Declaring Type

Full Name: SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.RuntimeXMLDefinition

•Stack Trace: at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.RuntimeXMLDefinition.LocateControl(Guid controlID, Form thisForm, View thisView, Event thisEvent, Action thisAction, Guid InstanceID, Guid SubformID)

I went into the K2 database, looked at the Form.Control_History table and found the referenced GUID.  The missing control was Line_ID Data Label 1.  That did not really give me enough information to figure out where the form was broken.  However that row in the database also contained a View GUID.  I went to Form.View_History and found the corresponding GUID and found the view name (ViewLineItem).  Upon seeing the view I realized what happened.

I edited that list view.  I removed one of the columns (Line_ID)  in that view by clicking the settings tab and un-checking it. 

I re-ran configuration on all the related rules and solved the problem for that control.  Then the same error popped up for another control!  I used the same procedure to track it down, and found it to be another view on the same sub form.  I’ve been told from tech support before that the way to fix this is to go through the configure wizard for everything that is initialized.  So I spent lots of time doing that, but the error persisted.  The sub form ran fine on its own with a parameter, so I stopped messing with that.  I realized that the list view rule that launched the sub form must be throwing all these errors. 

I deleted that rule, and my original form started working again.  I re-created that rule, and everything was back to normal.

3 replies

Badge +2

Happened to me consequently on a Form that was generated using the wizard out of a SmartBox SmartObject.

Once this generated form is used in another Form as a SubForm, this exact message pops up.

Could reproduce it multiple times (until I decided to no longer use the designer :S) After that.. no more errors (which is a good thing!)

Badge +3

Hi Willner001

Which version of smartforms are you currently running? And have you logged a support ticket in this specific regard? If not, would you please do so? This behavior sounds like a bug to me and I'd like to have someone on our end investigate this.

Regards,

Eugene

Badge +5

This was when we had 1.0.0.  Yes I loged it as a bug.  It was a pretty consistent issue at the time, so I figured I'd post the fix I got from K2 Tech support.  Hasn't happened since we installed 1.0.1 :-)