Edit option missing at top of form for Responsive forms

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

As of this morning my users no longer have the Edit option in the top ribbon if they attempt to edit their entry from the email we send (from the WF) telling them their entry was completed. 

We provide the link to their specific entry to allow the users to update info in the entry.

If I select the entry from the list proper it is fine and I can edit what seem like any entries.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? 

This is new as of this morning.

TIA

3 replies

Badge

Hello everyone

the affected form opens items from a list with internal transfer requests. The items have a set of indivual permissions set by a workflow: Managers have edit permissions, the applicant has viewing permissions.

If opened directly from the list by a manager everything is fine, all the buttons are available and do what they're supposed to do:

9346iED2ADAA62AD73A46.png

When opened using a link provided in an e-mail to managers the buttons Edit and Delete do not show. The close button reloads the form:

9347i060FA08B3EC1C2A1.png

This behaviour shows throughout the tenant whenever an item is opened using this link:

https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/site-name/Lists/list-name/DispForm.aspx?ID=item-id

There is no difference whether it's opened using dispform.aspx or editform.aspx.

We've been using these links for ages now and only these days do they 'misbehave'.

Is this a new bug, should that kind of link not be used anyway? And what could be a workaround?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Nintex is aware of this issue and our development team are actively looking into it.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Badge +2

The button is back on my form today !