Creating custom ASP.NET forms

• 20 March 2009
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hi,

I'd like to create custom ASP.NET forms for my blackpoint workflow. I created a custom ASP.NET page, but when I got the DataFields, only a few properties had value (ex: Value, Metadata). For example I'd like to get the type of the field to generate the appropriate controls... (I can store this info in Metadata, but if it has a Type property why do this...)

Someone has been tried it before? 

Thanks,

hvdeath

8 replies

Badge +3

Unlike K2 blackpearl, K2 blackpoint does not allow you to leverage custom ASP.NET forms as client events. You will notice in K2 Studio there is no Default Client Event template. In K2 blackpoint the API has been restricted by design.

You can use the blackpoint ADO.NET data provider to access the available K2 blackpoint SmartObjects. These will not however provide functionality to start a blackpoint process or action a worklist item.

If you require this functionality then I suggest that you look at what K2 blackpearl provides

Badge +4

In K2 Studio there is an option in SharePoint Workflow Process template to use user specified Forms. (in advanced mode->Network Share) I can choose aspx and assembly for workflow forms (start, instantiate, task). I found this in K2 blackpoint documentation too (K2 Process Concepts->Workflow Integration Forms Technology->ASP.NET Forms Technology).

May I misuderstood something in K2 blackpoint documentation? What the Network Share option for?

Thanks for reply!

Badge +3

You are correct and you have not misunderstood anything. You can indeed modify the SharePoint workflow integrated forms.

What you can't do is create a completely new standalone web application that interacts with K2 blackpoint. This is what I was referring to.

When modifying the workflow integrated forms have you tried using the K2 ADO.NET data provider to surface process information?

Badge +4

No, I'm tried using K2 object model based on K2 Blackpoint documentation. Under Forms Generation Priciples there is some code example how can I retrieve, update data fields..etc.I use these examples to create pages. I would like to create custom generated forms for interacting with clients. For example If I create bool or Date datafield in K2, I would like to generate the appropriate controls (checkbox, datetime picker).

Badge +8

I haven't tried it myself but it seems there is a ValueType parameter for the data fields which might have what you are looking for.

-Eric

Badge +4

Yes, I tried this also. But In my workflow page only Value and Metadata properties has value. Other properites ValueType, Scope ...etc. hasn't got value, but empty string or null.

You tried this? In your page every K2Process property has value?

Badge +8

No I have not tried it.  I just saw the items in the object model and hoped that would work.  It seems that they are not populated so I think using the Meta Data field is the only option at this point.  I will make a note of this for the Dev team to review.

-Eric

Badge +2

does anyone have a demo with asp.net forms and blackpearl

i am starting to use it

many thanks