Rich Text input field in Start Form

Badge +1

On my workflow start form I need a rich text input field. I use this rich text as the body of an email later on in the workflow. I can only connect a Multi Line Textbox control to a variable which disables the option for Rich text. No option to connect to a list column since there are no columns available on a start form except for the title column. Seems strange that it is not available for use in a Start form. Any workaround available?

When the Control is not connected the option for Rich text is available. But obviously no way of saving it, so it can't be used in the workflow.

When I connect it to a Multiple lines of text variable the Rich text option disappears. 

6 replies

Badge +7

Dear, 

It's because rich text options are already set in SharePoint connected Field:

Badge +1

But I can't create a new column in the list that is coupled to the start form. The only List Column available for use in the start form is Title. 

Badge +7

Weird, It's working here

Which version are you using?

Badge +1

Those are List columns on the start form? If so, where do you create list columns for a start form?

I'm running Nintex Workflow 2016 version 4.2.0.0.

Badge +7

I created them from the list itself before creating the WF

Badge +1

I'm using a reusable workflow on content types. So I don't have that option to just create those columns.