Workspace -> SharePoint Service Configuration Errors

• 10 September 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello everyone!

I am having quite the difficult time at my client site trying to get either the 'Update K2 SmartObject service definition' feature from MOSS to work, or adding a Service Instance Configuration through the K2 workspace.

When I try it through the workspace I get '401 unauthorized' or 'User cannot be found' error.  We have tried several accounts, even the service account, and they all come up with the same errors.  Using the option in SharePoint doesn't seem to do anything either, the operation completes but upon looking in my K2 Context browser there are no service objects for the MOSS site.

I don't think its a Kerberos issue, since everything else with K2 is working fine here, the System's team has double checked the white paper about K2 & Kerberos and has assured me they are good to go there.

Has anyone had this problem before?  Anything I can look at next to try?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +4

The best starting point for me is to run the k2 server in console mode.  Just remeber to run the sserver with the service accounts credentials. 

By doing this you can see if you are reaching the k2 server or not.  And if you do get tot he k2 server, you should be able to see if you are reaching the k2 server with the correct account.

'401 unauthorized' seems to suggest that you are not even getting to the K2 server, becuase this error is an iis error which means that your credentials are not getting to the [page you are trying to access or that the incorrect credentials are passed or that the iis configuration is incorrect.

What I would do is to enable logging in iis, you can do this by going into the IIS MMC and then by right clicking on your web site and then click properties.  Check enable logging.  You log files should show you with which account you are hitting the iis server.

Once you have done this, you should be able to determine if you are having kerberos issues.

Badge +4
You can also have a look at the event log of the server where you are getting the 401, sometimes this reveals some info.
Badge +11

You might want to use the IIS adsvutil to double-check IIS is configured to prefer Kerberos authentication over NTLM.  The steps are in the K2 getting started guide.  I've seen cases before where this command was entered with a small typo and it was accepted, yet things don't work.

Badge +4

Hullo again David!

I am attaching a screenshot showing that Kerberos is being used.  Does this screen look intruiging to you?

Thanks!

16877iF3F942C67CD37A52.png