Help Needed in Using k2

• 15 July 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi am new to k2

I am using VPC installation software for reading this tool. i tested using the samples

given in PDF 03, 05 . i created and tested smart objects too.. 

i am confused how to utilise these stuffs

Can you please help how to use this tool effectively

for my requirement using K2 and .Net.

I need to create a Survey page for the users if the user repond to the survey

an email need to be sent to the corresponding survey manger with the details filled by

an end User..  

How to do that

Thanks In Advance

Suresh

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Suresh,

If you are wanting to use .NET with SmartObjects to collect your survey form information. I would suggest looking in the VPC under Program Files --> K2 [blackpearl] --> Documentation. There you will find the Developer's reference. There is a section entitled "Accessing" that should help you get going on collecting the survey information from your .NET page. After that, you can reference the materials in Module 5 to help you put your process together.

When you get to the point where you have added a Mail Event to your process, you can use the K2 Object Browser to access your SmartObject. You go to the Environment Tab --> SmartObject Servers --> SmartObject Server --> (folder with the name of your SmartObject) --> (Your SmartObject), at this point you will have a folder that lists Single Methods and one for List Methods. The method(s) you will want to use will be the "Load" method (for one record) or the "Get List" method for multiple records. You will drag a method from the object browswer window into the message body area of the Mail Event Wizard. This will cause you to get a dialogue box that will ask you for both Inputs and Returns. In the case of the single method "Load" the input will be a required ID value or "key" that you defined in your smartobject. If you are using the "Get List" method, you can select more than one Input and provide a value to query your Smart Object for the desired information.

Finally, you can select which values you want to return from the bottom half of the window. This will then populate the body of your mail message with information from your SmartObject that was collected from your .NET survey form.

This is a fairly high level explaination, but hopefully it gives you the basics you need to move forward. An example of the mail event window is provided to help better explain.

13293iCD47E18138915C01.jpg