LiberatingDigit

Failed to Send Notification Error Occures When Using the Set Variable Action for Person or Group

I get a "Failed to send notification. Cannot get the full name or e-mail address of user "#..." error when I attempt to use a Set Variable action to pull data from a Person or Group column in a companion list for the notification addressees.

The Send Notification action does not fail when I use data for the same addressees from a Person or Group column (in the main list) without using the Set Variable action. This confirms the accounts are valid.

No error occurs when I use a Request Approval action, and the Set Variable action to pull data from a Person or Group column in a companion list for the Approvers.

When I log my variable data to history, there is a 5-digit number sequence followed by ";#" preceding each name with presence (Example: 11426;#Smith, John). I have tried switching the data type from Person of Group to string in the variable settings. The workflow does not error, but no notification comes through. I have also tried changing the display settings in the Person or Group column from name with presence to email. The workflow errors, and the same "11426;#" appears before the name.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nj
Scout

Re: Failed to Send Notification Error Occures When Using the Set Variable Action for Person or Group

To confirm, you have a person column on a list, you're using a query action and setting the value of that column to a person variable, and then you're unable to send a notification to that same variable? 

I do this in just about every single workflow I use. Could you post screenshots of your actions and their settings? 

0 Kudos
rameshmusham
Scout

Re: Failed to Send Notification Error Occures When Using the Set Variable Action for Person or Group

user.JPG

In this

user (WF varialbe of single line of text)

TestA is the lookup list

PG is the lookup column and i am getting the displayname from source list.

Have you configured the similar way?

0 Kudos