SQL SmartObject add specific table or view

• 22 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have an existing SQL Service Instance which point to s sql database.  Now I have created a new view within my database.

I just want to make only this new available within my service instance. If I refresh the service instance all new tables and views would be available.

Whats the best way doing this?

I am using Smart Object Service Tester. If I would Refresh the complete Service Instance form "DB 2" (see attached file), than all Stored Procedures, Tables, and Views would be created. i just want to have one specific view there.

many thanks

16597i7D1DF66FE9D91F8D.png

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
One way to do this is to revoke rights for the Service account / User that is refreshing the Service on the object in SQL that you don't want to be part of the Service.

HTH
Vernon
Badge +10

Hi JochenL

To expand on the above.

When refressing an SQL service instance, it will expose everything the service instance account has access to.

If you add Pemission to the items (i.e. Tables, Views, etc.) and Deny the View Definition permission for the account, it should not show up in the Service Instance

Regards,

Thinus

Badge +1

thanks for the answers.

How do I check which account is used for the Service Instance?

So if I understand correctly ...it doesn't matter if I am starting SO Tester Tool wihth an User that higher priviledges. The refresh is done with the service insctance account, right?

Best Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Should be the K2 Service account that describes the Service when you refresh it