Authenticated SMTP email support

• 18 January 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +13

Does BP have the ability to configure for authenticated SMTP email?

In K2 .NET 2003 I converted to System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient and pass the credential (at least network logon of K2 process).

objSender.UseDefaultCredentials = True 

How is that done in BP?  Any option to select that and have code generation produce the line of code?

1 reply

Badge +9

I haven't tried this, but I think it is a possibility... 

If you are referring to the Mail Event Wizard, you should be able to view and modify the underlying wizard code located at on the developer's machine at:

C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlBinDesignTemplatesCSharpWindowsWorkflowExtender1033Mail.MailEventItemEventItemAdditionalFiles@safeitemname@.xoml.cs

Within this file, I can see where the SMTP class is being used, so I assume you should be able to alter this code to handle the authentication.

Before doing it, I would recommend making a backup copy of this file as well as your project(s), just in case.  If you want to use the new wizard code within an existing process  you'll need to run the "Update Design Templates..." wizard (right click on process canvas).  If you have any custom server event code, you'll want to back that up as this may overwrite them.