Workflow for Suspended Workflows

• 17 December 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7

Hi,

We have various workflows created in SharePoint that sends an email to other users for approvals or information, sometimes we have issues when the workflow is suspended.

We have no idea when a workflow has stopped until someone advises the item is still waiting for an approval.

Is there a workflow that you can create that tells you when a workflow is suspended?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Claire

suspended workflows

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there!

Here you go - a post from some time ago by Palesa Sikwane   

Badge +7

Hi Rhia Wieclawek‌,

I've looked at the information from Palesa Sikwane‌ unfortunately some of the items mentioned in the video are not applicable for me, like Nintex Workflow in Site Settings, so I think we must be on a different SharePoint version

Also configuring the SP list for Workflow History, if there is a step by step guide on how to do this it would be helpful as I am not sure where the information is coming from, as we have various workflows across out site collection.

Thank you for your guidance, it has given me an indication that it's possible with the right tools.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Claire!

What version are you on? 

I assumed O365 since you said "Suspended Workflows" -- if you're in On-Prem, you should have an area in Site Settings where you can determine who gets Error Notifications. 

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +7

Yes I do have Suspended Workflows, I believe we have a mixture of O365 and On-Prem, 

Unfortunately I don't have the options in Site Settings.

Thank you for your guidance

Claire

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Claire - 

A mixture?  There would be different settings on each of the different site types. An o365 site will have a url like yourcompany.sharepoint.com, whereas your on-prem environment could be anything. In on-prem, it's in Site Settings (and you'd need to be an admin I believe, or Owner), and in O365 you'd need to create the workflow Palesa suggested for error tracking.

Maybe you can tell me more about your workflows / environment?

Cheers,

Rhia