Dynamic Process, Event, Activity Metadata

• 25 March 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Context:

Infopath process 

I was hoping someone could point a way to make the meta data on a process more dynamic. I want to show a metadata column on the worklist to give more information. When an approver sees their task, they can approve it without opening the form, but that's not very helpful because they don't know anything about that specific instance (what is the requestor asking for?). I edited the worklist webpart to show the activity metadata, but the problem is that's a static text field, so it doesn't help. 

So essentially, I need to give more information in the worklist for a manager to approve/reject without having to open the form.

Thanks 

4 replies

Badge +10

The only field that you can be customized in the out of the box K2 Worklist webpart is the Folio field.  This field is typically set when you first run through an InfoPath or SharePoint proces wizards and can be set to xml fields or datafields. 

In K2 blackpearl you can write a line of code to set the folio field but in K2 blackpoint K2 Studio designer doesnt allow you to add code to a process and the license agreement doesn't allow for accessing the K2 blackpoint APIs to do it outside of the process either.

Unfortunately its probably not the answer you were hoping for.  Tim

Badge +5
Maybe a custome webpart would be a solution, however, you need to have some standard fields (names, type, etc..) within different processes..at least those fields you need to expose them as columns..
Badge +5

Another idea to work with the standard worklist, is to customize the folio to include multiple datafield values.

example of a expense cliam process, folio = expenseTotal +" - "+ employeeName +" - " + Reason....

You need to orient the users if the meaning and structure of the folio though...

hope that helps.

Badge +5

I see that this is an old topic, but I'm having a similar issue. I'd like to expose some of my data fields to the worklist web part.

Have any updates been made since this topic was originally discussed?