Out of Office questions

Badge

I am trying to set up the Out of Office function for our users, but I am running into a few issues/questions.

1. We have it working so that UserA can delegate tasks to UserB. But if UserB sets their Out of Office, only tasks originating with UserB get delegated to UserC. UserA's tasks are left untouched in UserB's (and UserA's) task list. How can I get the chain to continue so that if UserA is Out of Office it is delegated to UserB, if UserB is Out of Office all tasks from UserA and UserB are delegated to UserC and so on...
  2. We currently use Lotus Notes and not MS Outlook (we will be switching in the next few months), is there a way to set a reminder to the user to turn off their out of office not through email?
  3. Is it possible for the user to set Out of Office times/dates?

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Ben

1...This is not possible, a limitation in our OOO, to workaround this set 2 users as the delegate for the user which is out of office, this is also the prefered way of handling this situation. On a side note, it is also here where some administration on behalf of the manager(of moth users) is needed.

2...I don't know if this is possible at present, a feature request has been logged for this, to set the Out Of Office setting automatically and to send a notification to change Out Of Office setting to In office

3...For this I suggest that the user, for example, goes to a client and will be out of office for the next 2 hours that he manually set this on his worklist.

Regards

Pieter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion

Badge +13

1a. More logic needed to prevent circular reference   A -> B    B -> C    C -> A    all 3 are out of office.

1b. What if user A does not want items he originated to be delegated to someone other than the user he has selected?

3. To K2:   If the OOP is separate from Exchange Outlook, it would be good for the user to pre-create the records to indicate which days he'll be out ahead of time.   A lot of people forget to set it the day before the vacation.