[URGENT] K2 SmartObject guids changed, breaks workflow

• 26 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

The url of my service instanced changed.  I went to the SmartObject Tester and updated the url, then recreated the smartobjects.  This gave them all new GUIDs, and now my workflow errors on any smart object step saying the SmartObject [guid] cannot be found.

How can I fix the workflow without having to reconfigure every step to point at the new smart objects?

What about moving a workflow from Dev to Prod, as I'll undoubably run into the same issue there.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Do you have any backup or package that has the old SMO?

you should overwrite the smo next time, by clicking on "Get existing GUID" in the tester tool before you publish the smartobject.

Badge +1

I do not see an option in the SmO Tester to get existing Guids.  We're using K2BlackPearl 4.6.9 if that is a recent feature...

http://imgur.com/s3Kng8G

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Ron

Firstly, there was probably no need to recreate the SmartObjects after you updated the Service Instance. The SmartObjects methods use the Service Instance they are created from for any connection and configuration information, so you can safely update the Service Instance Url (for example) without regenerating the smartobjects.

If you do need to regenerate the smartobjects, then you can retain the existing Guid using the SmartObject tester. You will need to regenerate the SmartObjects individually. 

1. Right click the Service Object and click "Create Smart Object", 
  2. Enter the same system name for the existing SmartObject
  3. Click "Get existing Guid" - the Guid should update. If it doesn't the name is not the same
  4. Click publish SmartObject

Note that regenerating SmartObjects this way will remove any custom properties or methods you may have added after the SmartObject was originally created.

As for addressing your immediate problem, unless you have an existing package with the original SmartObjects in it, then you are left with little choice but to republish your workflow after updating all of the relevant events.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

You can't see this option because you are tryting to create groupe of SMOs, Right Click on an indevedual service object and create SMO then you'll see that option.

as Andrew mentioned "Enter the same system name for the existing SmartObject"