Create a 2 state approval workflow

• 26 January 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

HI,

I am trying to create a 2-state approval workflow- Approver 1 should be the Initiator's manager, Approver2 should be the manager's manager. I used a state machine, but i am not rightly able to retrieve the manager's manager. Please assist. I have attached the sample of what i did. Cassy Freeman

The workflow runs and reaches Approver 1, but when i click on "Click here to approve" from the email, it gives me you are not authorized to approve this item even after giving edit/contribute/approve access to the approvers1 and 2.

and on the item itself when i open from Approver 1's account, the form doesnt give me the option to Approve/Reject. What am i missing on?

2 replies

Badge +17

Teresa,

You should be able to query for the second manager and then make sure the second task is being assigned to the correct person. Also as you may already know, be sure all users have contribute/edit access to the workflow task list.

The task piece does seem to be working, but this post may shed some light on that for you.  

Badge +3

Hi Eric,

I have given the required users Contribute and approve access on the site collection level, i still get the error unfortunately. What could be wrong?