'Deploy Failed' from VS

Badge +1

I design a kprx using VS, build OK but deploy failed. It didn't show any error in VS. Where to find the log or any error details in somewhere, say K2 server?

This is a scenario of K2 BP integrated with MOSS and InfoPath web service form.

In fact the changes has been deployed successfully cos I could see the latest InfoPath form in MOSS, after stating failure. 

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Are you sur your K2 server is running?

In VS, in the debug windows you can see several tabs, and when a deploy failed you can select the second one to obtain more details (I'm not sure but I think it's the output windows).

HTH

Badge +6

In VS, try the following....

Go to Tools/Options/Projects and Solutions/build and Run

Then select the Output Verbosity as Diagnostic, this will will give you alot more detail when rebuilding and deploying the solution.

Badge +1
Have set as per above instruction but this round I didn't see any message in VS yet. Have been waiting for 45min to deploy without result, so I force to terminate.

Also tried to do 'msbuild' on K2 server. It says:

error : SmartObjectServer Exception: Could not publish SmartObjectDefinition to server: Uncommittable transaction is detected at the end of the batch. The transaction is rolled back.

I confirm not using 'smartobject' project (sodx). It's only a 'workflow' project. Not sure where SmartObjectServer comes from?

Is it related to folder called 'ExtenderProjects' in the solution?

Btw, is K2 limited to a certain number of activity/event created in kprx? Looks like I have more in this project. Other projects do not have this problem so far.
Badge +8

There seems to be an issue with your DTC not working as it should, a simple workaround would be to uncheck all the options in the SmartObject Associations modal.

By default K2 creates SmartObjects for all processes, hence the SmartObject error. So if you uncheck the options, it will not create the SmO and you should be able to deploy the process. But it might be worthwhile to check if your DTC works as it should (if your SQL and K2 Servers are on different boxes).

Last thing, there is no limit to the number of activities and events in a process, but it is recommended to split large process into 2 or more smaller ones. It’s easier to debug and maintain.