Running activity event once per list row

• 29 July 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to build a workflow such that a single IPC event (which starts a new process) is run once for each item in a list returned by a SmartObject.

I have done as described below. What I am expecting is that when the workflow executes, the IPC event will be run once for each item returned by the SmartObject. (e.g. if the SmartObject list method returns 20 items, I am expecting 20 IPC events to occur.)  What actually happens is that the IPC event runs ONCE for the FIRST list item returned by the SmartObject, and not for any of the remaining items.

1) Add an Activity to the canvas

2) Run the Destination Rule Wizard in Advanced mode. Choose Plan Per Slot (no destinations)

Choose Select a List field to determine how many slots should be created

And I have dragged into that combo-box, the LIST method of my SmartObject, and then as prompted,

Specified No Filter Options

Specified the key field of the SmartObject as the Return Property (this is of type GUID)

Under List Options, I have checked the Sort Box and specified a sort field

and specified the option Return all results that match the filter

3) In the General properties of the Activity, I have specified Create a slot for each destination

4) Add an IPC event to the Activity

5) For the IPC event, specify the Folio field by dragging the ActivityInstanceDestinationData field

6) For the IPC event, specify Asynchronous mode

Can anyone advise what I need to do to make the Activity run once for each item in the list, as desired, rather than just the first item?

thanks

Robert

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

You are missing the succeeding rule. 

Create an activity datafield to receive the results from the child process and create a succeeding rule as per step 3 from the following article

http://help.k2.com/en/kb000272.aspx

JK.

Badge +3

Excellent.

THANK YOU, v much appreciated