Subform closing - Get User Confirmation is greyed out/disabled

• 24 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a form with a view which opens a subform. When the subform closes I hook the Subform is closing event and display a Get User Confirmation box. Problem is the whole window is disabled and I can't click anything.

If I place the clsoing event on the form and display a test message, the message works but the next rule which is the confirmation is greyed out. If I place the rule on the view either a test message to the user or the confirmation box is disabled.

All the rules are called with a "then", no async being used.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Just to understand it more , 

what are you trying to accomplish there ? do u want to have a confirmation message for the user when he closes the subform ?

if ok then close , if cancel then stay on the subform ?

and where did u add the rule ? is it on "when subform is closing" ?

Regards.

Badge +3
If data entered on the sub form is relevant to the user I give them the opportunity to update the form by confirmation box.

It's that box which is disabled when I come back to the form. Nothing is enabled so I have to refresh the page to get it active again.
Badge +3

Something unusual is going, so rather than calling the unbound rule which has the user confirmation from the form closing, I hacked it to transfer "true" to a checkbox on the original form. The checkbox's changed rule fires my unbound rule and the User Confirmation works fine.