ERROR: Invalid serialnumber

Badge +1
Hi. I am new to this. I am trying to build my first process. I am using aspx smart forms. I built the forms, exported to the K2server and that all went without errors. Once I try to run my form, however, I get an error message Invalid serialnumber. I don't know where to begin to look for this.

Any ideas from any of the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rhonda Bailey

Invalid serialnumber:
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Invalid serialnumber:

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Invalid serialnumber: ]
Client.Throw(String s, Exception e) +106
Client.InternalCall(UInt32 sock, ArchiveX ar, Int32 hdr) +189
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.OpenWorklistItem(String SerialNumber, String Platform, Boolean Alloc, Boolean IgnoreStatus) +124
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.OpenWorklistItem(String SerialNumber, String Platform, Boolean Alloc) +17
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.LoadData() +4168

SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.LoadData() +4342

SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.LoadData() +5276
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +315
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

13 replies

Badge +8
If you are getting this error on the first page (the plan page of your process) then check the following:

1) in your application's web.config file, check the following entry under the <appSettings> node:
<add key="PlanServer" value="K2SERVERNAME" />
the 'value' string should be the name of your K2 server
2) make sure the page type is a 'Plan' page and not a 'client' page
Badge +1
Well that error went away. It was set as a client page instead of plan page although I thought I had changed that already. Now I'm getting

ServernameIUSR_Servername does not have permissions to start the process.

Weee.

I love doing something for the first time. What fun!

Rhonda
Badge +8
Now I'm getting

ServernameIUSR_Servername does not have permissions to start the process.

You should disable anonymous access on the website. At the moment, the IIS 'User' account's credentials are being passed to K2 and that user does not have permission to start the process. Once anonymous access has been disabled, your windows user account's credentials should be passed through. If not, add the website to your local intranet sites in IE and check that the security settings are set to log on with the current username and password.

Also remember to give the neccesary users the relevant permission on the process using K2 service manager.

There is an entire training course available for download from the K2 partner and customer portal. (http://portal.k2workflow.com). Please contact your closest K2 office (you can get their details from http://www.k2workflow.com) to create an account on this portal.
Badge +1
I got that all figured out. I'm following the training. The difference is they already had the server set up and I am having to struggle through the server set up myself.

When I went through the training, I had no problem getting things to work. Relating to our environment has been a little trickier.

Thanks.

Rhonda
Badge +2
I'm getting a very similar error. The PlanServer in the web.config file is pointing to the K2Server, PlanType is PlanPage, and anonymous web access is disabled. Any other ideas?

A bit of background: We're using Kerberos security (account trusted for delegation) in a distributed environment - k2 server; web server; database server; sharepoint server

Here's the error generated when clicking on K2Button event.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

Client.Throw(String s, Exception e)
Client.InternalCall(UInt32 sock, ArchiveX ar, Int32 hdr)
Client.Call(ArchiveX ar, Int32 hdr)
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.CallFunction(ArchiveX ar)
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.OpenWorklistItem(String SerialNumber, String Platform, Boolean Alloc, Boolean IgnoreStatus)
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.OpenWorklistItem(String SerialNumber, String Platform, Boolean Alloc)
SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.OpenWorklistItem(String SerialNumber, String Platform)
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.SaveData(K2SaveType SaveType, Object TriggerControl)

SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.SaveData(K2SaveType SaveType, Object TriggerControl)
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Thanks,
- Tammie
Badge +11
Tammie,

PlanType is PlanPage

Make 110% sure about this and rebuild your solution.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +8

If this is a 'Plan' page then the K2Button should be a 'Plan' button, not a 'Finish' or 'Update' button.
Badge +2
icon-quote.gifNeilM:

If this is a 'Plan' page then the K2Button should be a 'Plan' button, not a 'Finish' or 'Update' button.

I figured it would be something as simple as this but just couldn't figure it out.....I'm new the K2 world. Thank you :D
Badge +1
icon-quote.gifNeilM:
If you are getting this error on the first page (the plan page of your process) then check the following:

1) in your application's web.config file, check the following entry under the <appSettings> node:
<add key="PlanServer" value="K2SERVERNAME" />
the 'value' string should be the name of your K2 server
2) make sure the page type is a 'Plan' page and not a 'client' page

i'm new in K2.net.Can you tell me how to set page type -> Plan. Where?

Thanks a lots!
Badge +8
Can you tell me how to set page type -> Plan. Where?

In visual studio's solution explorer, select the page you want to work with, then select the Form from the objects listed (see image below)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/neiljohn/SelectPage.jpg

Once you have sleected the correct form, set the page type to plan page by adjusting the PageType property, as shown below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/neiljohn/SetPageType.jpg

Note that this property will only be available for a SmartForm - if you do not see it then the chances are that the form is not a SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.

If you have a K2.net Portal account, you can download the K2.net training material from the following location:
http://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/training.aspx

Hope this helps
Badge +1
Thanks for your helps!
It works but it error ' not found not found '

Can you hekp me fix it?

Thanks again!
:roll:
Badge +8

In the same area where you set the PageType to 'PlanPage', you also have to specify the K2.net solution, project and process that the form will be interacting with. Start from the bottom and work your way up - first set the solution, then the project, and then the process.
Badge +1
icon-quote.gifNeilM:

In the same area where you set the PageType to 'PlanPage', you also have to specify the K2.net solution, project and process that the form will be interacting with. Start from the bottom and work your way up - first set the solution, then the project, and then the process.

Thanks so much!
Now i had a solution, Project, Process in K2.Net Studio and i created SmartForm in VS. But i can't combine together. Can you tell me how to interact together. Pls help me because i'm new new in K2.NET

Thanks! :P