Task Form Redirect with Outcome

• 11 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Basically, I need to have a confirmation page that says "Request was approved" or "Request was rejected" based upon the Task Outcome.

I'm trying to use the Redirect feature of the Flexi-Task Nintex Task Form to pass the Outcome value in the URL.

I did not find a parameter for Outcome, but did see one for "Approver Comments".  When I use the Redirect URL like this:  http://mysite.net/sites/site/Pages/Confirmation.aspx?outcome=Approver Comments  I never get anything passed for the Approver Comments value. 

This has to be a common need, but all of the examples I have found just redirect to a non-dynamic confirmation page.

Can anyone tell me how to pass the Outcome, or the like, in the Redirect URL?  Or, how to get a dynamic confirmation page?

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +7

Dear, 

"Approver comments" is a multiple line text box. It cannot be handled by URL. 

1-Try to add a calculated value control.

2-Connected it to single line of text column.

3-Formula of the calculated control will be the value of the Comment control. 

Then add the single line of text column to the URL.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what forms version are you on?

if you are trying to do it with form-level redirect, you will not be able to achieve that, since there is no way (afaik) how could you get value of Decision control into URL.

as well, Approve-like common references are only populated after all the assignees respond the task, so these are of no use within task form as well.

but with recent forms version 2.10. there were introduced button-level redirects - see  

so, you might need to upgrade to achieve this functionality.

Badge +1

Thanks for the information!  Unfortunately we are  on version 2.9xx.  I'm really surprised that there is not an easy was to display a confirmation page that says "request approved" or "request rejected".  Seems that would be a common requirement.  I'll keep looking... Thanks again.