SmartForms combine in the same view multiple sources

• 21 September 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi all,

It is possible to have in a List the details of another smatobject?

If i have an invoice, and the details lines of the invoce are productID, price and ammount, it is possible in the same list have a column named Product Description that belongs to another smartObject. This SmartObject returns the product details based on the ProductID. 

I dont want a composite SmartObject, i want is two smartObjects and a 'Composite' view.

Best Regars,

Rui Silva

2 replies

Badge +9

HI,

In the view, List item is bound to the smartobject data source. Unless you have a composite smartobject, that gets ProductID and Product Description, I do not think you can do like composite view to accomplish this. There is a workaround to create a stored Procesure where you can join two tables and create fields like  product(productID-ProductDescrition), price and ammount. Then, create a smartobject of that stored Procedure. Hope that works. If you do want help to create stored procedure, let me know.

Badge +7

You can easily do this. When you enter the product ID you would create a rule on the change of that field. That rule would call the first smart object with the prodcut ID and pull back price and amount. then a second smart object call can be made with project ID to get the description.

I hope this helps.