How to delete string table entries?

• 10 September 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

Due to some process change, lot of string table entries become obsolete. Is there any way to delete them? I tried to delete from Environment Field, but this does not removes corresponding entries from string tables.

Is deleting manually records from K2._StringTable table from K2 host server database helps to delete these obsolete entries without crashing my processes?

Thanks in advance !!

Vijay

1 reply

Badge +8

Note that any direct modification of the database is unsupported and could potentially void your warranty. 

If you need to remove the String Table entry, you can use the SourceCode.Workflow.Management API. The WorkflowManagementServer object has a method called DeleteStringTableEntry which accepts two string parameters. In my case, I tested this by deleting a entry called TravelWeb from the Development environment:

oServer.DeleteStringTableEntry("Development", "TravelWeb");

This removed the entry successfully in my case. Couple of points:

1. You will also need to delete the entry from the Environment Library. If you do not do this, the String Table entry will be added again the next time that a process is deployed.

2. Once the item has been deleted from the Environment Library, clients (developers using VS and K2 Studio) will need to refresh their Environment Library to get the latest, where the deleted entry is reflected.