Create folder and copy list items to that folder

• 10 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I'm working with Nintex Workflow 2010. I've created a collection variable and I'm using for each loop to copy certain items from list A to list B. Now, I want to modify this workflow. I want to create folders in list B with the name of a date column in list A. I want it inside the for each loop so that it is run only when certain conditions are satisfied. And then I want to copy the items from list A to the folders in list B. I'm new to Nintex. Can anyone tell me how this can be done?

Thanks,

Korak

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What action are you using ?

Badge +5

Hi Fernando! I'm using copy item action to copy the items from list A to list B inside a for each loop.

Badge +11

Hi Korak,

you can use the "Create Item" action to create the Folders in your List B, just choose "Folder" as a content type for the new item and it will create a folder. Place this action inside a "Run if" to create the folder only when your conditions are met.

Afterwards you can use the "Create item in another site" action to create your items in list b. In this action you can also provide a folder name to place your item inside the recentyl created folder.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +5

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your suggestion. But, can I not use 'Create Item' action inside the for each loop? I want to create a folder for every item for which the conditions are met. Since I'm using 'Query List' action to filter the items and I'm storing the ID in a Collection variable, therefore it will be simpler and easier if I can create the folders inside the for each loop.

Regards,

Korak

Badge +11

Of course you can use this action inside the loop, if it meets your requirements.