Approvers Limit?

Badge +4

Hi everyone

I have a workflow which is working pretty well execpt when I have a lot of approvers

So normally, I have +/- 10 approvers by workflow but I have a special one where I have more than 40 person when the workflows has to send the mail I have the following error message:

Error in tasks: Object reference not set an instance of an object

So I think it's due to my number of approvers; so any idea of what is the limit of how many approvers Nintex can handle?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Tom

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Where are you getting the approvers from, SharePoint group, multi select person field in an approvers list or are you manually entering them at some point?

SharePoint has a limit of 10Bytes on a person field, but from what I've read this is only reached around 200 entries. 

Badge +4

Thank you for your answer,

I'm doing a query to get all person I need and then I store them in a variable. So I used the variable as mail adress

Badge +5

If you are storing them in a string, then there is a limit of 255 characters

Try storing them in a multiline variable which has a much larger limit

Badge +4
Thank you for your answer but my email list is stored in a collection and not in line of text
So is there a limitation with the collection too?
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

thar might be limited on exchange side, but it's defaulted to much higher number. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/message-size-limits?view=exchserver-2019

but from the error message I'd rather suspect whether you do not have a deleted or disabled account on the list, which mail address cannot be resolved for.

or whether your query doesn't return an empty element for any reason.

Badge +4
I tried to send manually a mail to all person in my list and it has been working
and when I executed my SQL query in SQL, it returns me something
If I have some doubloons in my mail list, can it cause any trouble?
ould have been created and configured during setup of SQL Server
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
it returns me something

check the exact content.

as mentioned, some DB records may miss mail address which then may turn into empty collection element, or mail address need not ne in correct format (eg. an extra space), or there may be stored multiple addresses where there is expected just one.

make sure query returns addresses without a separator (comma, semicolon...) - nintex (sometimes) interprets them as a part of the address

If I have some doubloons in my mail list, can it cause any trouble?

duplicates (duplicate mail addresses) shouldn't cause any problem.

if you have the list in collection you can try to 'Remove duplicates' operation