Calculated (calculation based on other columns) cant use in Nintex Form

• 18 July 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

I have a problem that I can't select my SharePoint calculated columns - field type in SP:Calculated (calculation based on other columns) -  in Nintex Form.

Its not in the "List Columns" section and couldn't find any workaround to get it visible.

Nintex form cant use this type of SharePoint field, I need to recreate all calculations in the form?

Happy for any advice, thanks!

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Robert,

You are correct, Nintex Forms does not currently support the Calculated Column in the Designer. However, Nintex Forms does provide the Calculated Value control or Form Variables which will allow you to show (or not show if required) calculated data and still be able to write those values back to the list. The Calculated Value control supports a host of runtime functions allowing you to do most calculations.

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +6

Thank you Sean!

Badge +11

@sean_fiene I don't believe calculated value control works on mobile forms? Using the calculated column fixes the issue of a form created for both desktop and mobile.

I'll have to have the calculation in two places (calculated column for the mobile form, and calculated control for the desktop form where I want it to display) and remember to update both if a change is required.