Assign flexi task to a variable that was filled from different workflow

• 2 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi folks,

I am working for one year now with Nintex 2016 (on premise) and stopped in a problem with a flexi task. I have a main workflow that collects data (also for people) and starts a subworkflow. In that subworkflow I have a flexi-task. The assigned person in the flexi-task is handed over from main-wf into a startvariable.

When I run the main-wf, the task would be created, the right person is assigned but it is read-only (for everyone including admins). So I suggested, it could be a false configuration and that my subworkflow did not manage to create the task the right way (or still has an open handle on that task).  (screenshot of a part of that task below)

BUT when I start the sub-wf manually, fill the start-variable manually via the people-picker everything works right.

Could you please help me, I am stuck for 2 days now and have no clue.

THANKS!

Michael

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Michael,

did you check the list item permissions on the task item? Did the visible permissions get changed?

Have you tried to "Item permissions" in the flexi task action? Although that shouldn't be necessary it maybe works for you.

If you have the task created via main-wf, is the subworkflow started with the same account as when starting it manually?

Another question: How do you start the sub workflow?

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +1

@philipplucas 

Hi Philipp,

yes, the permissions on the task-list were changed. I recreate the "original" permissionset but with no luck.

I had tried the "Item permissions" in the task earlier with no luck too (not all possibilities but some more logical ones).

And the "created by" is identical no matter how I started the sub-workflow (in both cases I use an admin-account, because I am on my development-server).

The sub-wf is started with the "start workflow" action from nintex.

In that step I hand over all the startvariables. (see screenshot3)

Thanks for the first ideas. But if you have one more ...   ;-)

Badge +1

Hi together,

after many minutes/ hours of testing I could focus that topic a bit more on Nintex Forms (not depending on workflow or variables).

When I create a Flexi task without a Nintex form (using Standardform instead), then it will work as expected, also when I insert a 5 minute pausing bevor task-creation.

When I use a Nintex form for the Flexi task (and stay with the 5 minute pausing before), then the task will be created in the state "Pending" (before anyone could open it) or in a normal state but when you open it you face it in the view-mode (and cannot change into edit-mode, not via button nor via editing the link).

Is there some configuration, that will not work with Nintex Forms??

Thanks for some tipps, where to look at.

Michael