Workspace Error: 800703fa

• 10 February 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We are getting the following error when trying to access the workspace after restarting our server and bringing K2 back up:

An error has occurred.
Please contact your
administrator.
Error:
Initialization failed before PreInit:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{080D0D78-F421-11D0-A36E-00C04FB950DC} failed due to the following error:
800703fa. (C:Program Files (x86)K2 BlackPearlWorkspaceSiteweb.config line
113)
Possible causes
- using anonymous logon in IIS while Windows
security is specified in Workspace configuration.
- current logged on user
can not be verified against the Active Directory Membership provider.
-
please review log files for more information.

This is the line referenced in the web.config:

<add connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionProtection="Secure" enablePasswordReset="false" enableSearchMethods="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="/" description="Default AD connection" requiresUniqueEmail="false" clientSearchTimeout="30" serverSearchTimeout="30" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" name="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Any ideas?  

3 replies

Badge +8

http://www.dosql.com/blog/?p=649

Basically, try setting the “Load User Profile” to True for the site hosting the K2
Workspace application and ensure that all the virtual directories under this
site use the same application pool. 

Badge +1

I had found the same thing.  It worked to get the Workspace running again.  Even after I switched it back, the Workspace worked.  

We still had some issues after doing that though.  A reboot after that fixed the remaining issues.  

FYI, we had the same response on a K2 ticket submitted for this issue.

Badge +13

My out of the box configuration for K2 blackpearl app pool has LoadUserProfile set to false.