Error activating K2 Web Designer Integration Feature

• 30 October 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

After installing K2 for sharepoint on our server I followed the steps in the "K2 blackpearl Getting Started Guide" to configure it.

In the step where you activate the features the first 3 features activated correctly, but when I activate "K2 Web Designer Integration" i get an error saying the class is not registered.  When you go back to the K2 admin page it says the feature is active.

On the actually website when you select K2 Web Designer from the settings dropdown on a document library you get the following error:

Invalid URL: /she/ResourceCenter.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(String strUrl, Boolean requireExactUrl)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.OpenWeb(String strUrl)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.Administration.Common.SetListBreadCrumb(Panel breadCrumbPanel, String siteURL, String listId, String currentPage)
   at ASP._layouts_k2bpwebworkflow_aspx.__RenderContent9(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Can anyone could point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks

Shannon

3 replies

Badge +5

Shannon -

What version of K2 are you using?  Blackpearl 0807? 

What happens if you deactivate the web designer, then reactivate it?

Badge +1

We are using Blackpearl 0807.

If I deactivate and then reactivate I get the same error saying the class is not registered

thanks

Shannon

Badge +5

Shannon -

Have you seen KB article 288?  It discusses how to manually create the web application for the Web Designer.

This is what I have seen resolve the issue you are having...

HTH