Task Form Stuck

• 11 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

I have created a flex task with a custom form, but the form will not open. I do not see any errors on the console. Do y'all have any ideas?

This is a screenshot of what happens when I go to the task to edit.

NOTE: This happens in preview too, and only for Desktop view, it works for smartphone.

206490_pastedImage_1.png

NOTE2: This custom form has an attachment field.... when i added the attachment control to the smartphone view it also began to hang. 

206494_pastedImage_1.png

HELP plain.png

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

first of all - do not rely on preview.
it doesn't cover all of the runtime functionality.

anyway, if the problem appears as well in runtime, there is very likely an (syntax) error on the page.
make sure you have opened dev console before you open the form/page to see errors.
however, there might errors that need not be recognized by the browser engine and so not reported on console but
anyway cause page not to render.

I admit they are hard to troubleshoot. you might need to review all of your javascript customizations, validation rules,
custom validations, or even data inputs if they might contain any sensitive characters (like comas, semicolons,
apostrophes, brackets, slashes and so on; and so on...)

Badge +7

I'm not sure what the issue was with this guy. I blew it up and recreated it the exact same way, and now all is good. UGH!