license key

• 28 August 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

A simple question about license key. The license key is based on system key and later if I reinstall K2 in other server or the server changed hardware then I need reinstall K2, am I required to reset the license key? cuz system changed maybe the system key changed too.

If I install K2 in same server for 2nd time for some reason, is the system key the same as first time appeared? Thanks.

allan 

3 replies

Badge +9

If you install it on another server or different hardware, the system key would likely change.  You would need to re-run the configuration manager to get the new system key and request a license key based on that system key.

If you install K2 blackpearl on the same system with the same parameters, i.e. same domain, same server name, same farm name, etc.  The system key should not change.

Badge +1

thanks Johnny. so if i installed it in server1 then later i reinstalled it in server2 and request for licnese key and it works then it won't work in server1 any more, right? thanks again.

allan 

Badge +9

Technically, there is no software check.  However from a licensing standpoint, you would need to decommision the first server otherwise you would be in violation of your license agreement.  This would be important when there is a licensing audit.