Nintex Form 2010: Suggestion Drop-down Menu not properly visible for Metadata Fields

Badge +5

Hi,

I have multiple metadata fields and panels on my form. The suggestion drop-down menu seems to be obscured by other fields.

183928_pastedImage_4.png

I heard it can be fixed using CSS, but I am not sure how. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Korak

10 replies

Badge +16

have you tried using the bring to front, send to back buttons in the form to make sure they are at the front and the dropdown will display?

Badge +5

Hi Cassy,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried this, but it didn't work. Maybe because I have one metadata field below another and there are panels.

Regards,

Korak

Badge +16

Hi

I just created a custom list with 2 managed metadata fields in.

Opened list form in nintex forms and published.

added a new item and this happened:

MMD1Behind.PNG

went back in to forms designer, selected field MMD1, chose bring to front and published.

added a new item and this happened:

MMD1Front.PNG

and you've tried that?  This is expected behaviour in Nintex forms.  As long as you select "bring to front" in the correct order you should be set?

Badge +5

Hi Cassy,

I tried that, but it didn't work on my form. My form is a bit more complex. It has 12 managed metadata fields and they are inside multiple panels. I'm hiding some of the panels based on conditions. And I'm not sure what you mean when you say select "bring to front" in the correct order.

Regards,

Korak

Badge +11

Hi Korak,

if you want to achieve this by using css, please refer to the z-index property, which decides about which element will be shown on top of other elements.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +5

Thanks!

Badge +4

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Badge +4

If we have multiple metadata fields, how we can handle this situation? 

216306_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +16

Start with your very bottom control and "bring to front"

next one up "bring to front"

and so on

Badge +4

Perfect solution. Thanks Cassy Freeman