Generate Word Document with Table

• 12 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys,

i was trying to generate a word document with a table, so i created this document as a SSRS Report and i tried to generate the document using the SSRS web service. the result is a Base64Binary saved to a single line of text variable, but what is need is to upload it to a document library. i am using Nintex Workflow 2013 without Nintex live.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

as far as I know the Update Document action, which handles classic word document creation, doesn't work with tables. The new document generation action however does. Did you also check this one out?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply, 

but i want to do that without Nintex live for that i am using SSRS.

Best Regards,

Baker

Badge +8

Hi Baker,

You could probably use some powershell script to copy your file (saved as binary) from your localshare to SharePoint. Nintex probably only has the option to Copy To FileShare (Only for document libraries) as a workflow action but not the reverse.

Couple of options you could choose  depending on what could be feasible?

1) Powershell script to copy the file created by your SSRS (which I believe should be saved in some shared local path) and upload it to the SharePoint Document library. There are tons on scripts online let me know if you need any help.

2) Create a webservice which would also essentially do the same job, but Nintex workflow could call this webservice and push the files on to the SharePoint document library,

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Shrini

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Baker,

You can try to call the SharePoint web service "Copy.asmx", method "CopyIntoItems" :

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/copy.copy.copyintoitems(v=office.12).aspx

This method needs a base64 file Stream. The "SourceUrl" is actually not used by the method, it's just for info (you can set the "SourceUrl" the same as the destination).

To achieve that, you can use the "Call web service" Nintex Workflow action with the following configuration :

• URL : {Common:Web URL}/_vti_bin/copy.asmx
  • Web method : CopyIntoItems

Regarding the "Web service message", I advice you to use the "SOAP editor".

Hope this helps,

Caroline