emha
Collaborator

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

it's a bug.

I've reported it to Nintex Support‌ and they confirmed it.

unfortunatelly (and typically ), they do not provide any estimate when it could have been fixed.

from my investigation, all the calculations that evaluate to NULL result cause the alert to pop up.

as far as I was able to track it down, they forgot(?)  to check for a null-ness of a variable at a place of code

Reply
kchaluvadi
Contributor

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

I also have the same issue, reported to Nintex, working with Nintex Support.

Reply
sunkars
Nintex for Sharepoint Expert
Nintex for Sharepoint Expert

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

Hi 

This has been logged as a bug and we will update you soon on the release for the fix 

Reply
BrianK
Scholar

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

I wish I saw this before I updated. I too have opened a bug with Nintex.

0 Kudos
Reply
BrianK
Scholar

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

We've managed to come up with a workaround if you absolutely need your form working until a patch is released.

If you open each calculated field on the form that use the lookup function and simply add +"" to the end of the query (to add a null value to the result) it will stop the error from occurring. The downside is that the calculated field will display "null" if no value is returned by the lookup. To solve that we added a rule to all calculated fields with lookups to hide the control if it equals "null".

So to recap, change the lookup to: lookup("test","test","test","test")+""

 

Add a formatting rule to hide the calc field:

equals({self}, "null")

Reply
Stonehage
Scout

Re: After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Jump to solution

*Sigh* Updating Nintex forms, a roll of the dice to see what breaks this time.

My workaround...

Instead of

lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1")

if(isNullOrEmpty(lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1")),"",lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1"))

Though I'd try Santoshi's fix first as that seems more elegant.

Reply