Multi language in huge Nintex Forms

• 22 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I want to know the official best practices to face a really huge form in Nintex with multi language enabled.

We tried with the method proposed on this article: Nintex Forms – Multi-Language Form | The SharePoint Pub  (lookup functions on calculated fields pointing to a translation list), but the problem is the form is querying the list for each calculated field. It means if we have 150 labels on a form, it's necessary to request the translation list 150 times, and the performance is really unacceptable.

This would run ok in small forms, with a lower number of labels, but in this case, Do you know how to get all literals in a single query? (resource file, XML load or something similar).

I also tryied with JavaScript code and the performance is quite better, but then, the form complexity increases a lot (too much lines of code), and JavaScript is not compatible in Nintex Mobile.

It would be great to know your best practices for this case.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

3 replies

Badge +16

Did you see this week's featured blog post ‌?

Badge +4

Hi Cassy,

Thank you for your answer, but it would mean a new product, new licencies, more cost, more infrastructure complexity... 

Besides, the conclusion of the referenced article is: 

Conclusion:

Oceanik isn't fully supported by Nintex Forms.

Therefore, There's no OOB solution from Nintex side?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I don't know if this would be a best practice, since it depends on the size of your form (and it sounds like yours is massive!), but all I can think of is having the form copied several times into different "language" panels, and having a checkbox to only show the language panel selected.

That, or saving the form as a template and making different content types for it and having some logic to ensure your user chooses the right one for their language needs.