Dynamically pull data from excel based on unique field

• 14 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I am trying to pull data dynamically into my word docgen template from an external spreadsheet (static) based on unique Account Number field. The Account N.o field is on my opportunity object which i have tagged my template (Opportunity_AccountNo). Now there is also a second piece of data in an external spreadsheet from which i need to pull column B (permitted use) based on the above account number which is column A of spread sheet (Account Number). How can i pull the correct data dynamically? (please see screenshots below).

Any help would be appreciated.

a) Word Template

8931i927B2584455ED30C.png

b) External (static) spreadsheet

8932i913CDCA8C814E6ED.png

c) Intended Output

8933i12582BB961CC0DED.png

Thanks

Abu

2 replies

Hi Abu,

Is the Account Number on the excel part of the static data, or it needs to be dynamically populated too?

You may try it this way. Assign a table range on the excel sheet.

On the word template conditionally iterate that excel table based on the account number on the excel with the account number that's pulled in from the field tagger.

Thanks,

Safiya

Thanks Safiya,

I actually created a new sheet in the workbook and tagged a cell (Opportunity_Account) via field tagger. Then i pulled values via vlookup from the first sheet. Finally created a tag one the result and tagged my word doc.  

Thanks for your help.

Abu