Conditional text across multiple opportunity plans

• 8 February 2019
  • 4 replies

I created an IF statement in Word to return the price of a specific plan, but I can't get it to return the correct info.  In testing the formaula to understand why it wasn't working, I tried a simple statement to get it to return "True"  The simple statement is below:

{ IF "<<Opportunity_LineItem_Product2>>" = "COMBO - Pricing" "True" "False" * MERGEFORMAT }

The Opportunity_LineItem_Product2 does in fact = COMBO - Pricing, the problem I'm running into is that there are 4 different opportunity plans and Opportunity_LineItem_Product2 defaults to the first one which is why my formula returns FALSE because the plan I'm trying to call out happens to be 3rd in the list.

4 replies

Badge +17

@DavidStephen - Have you seen something like this before? Wondering how a user can force the correct option from the list. 

This can be done. Is the 3rd one down the one you always want? Is there any kind of logic can that can return the specific one you want from the list?

Unfortunately no I will not always want the 3rd option.  I will need it to return the price for each option based on the plan name in Opportunity_LineItem_Product2.  So in the end what I'm looking for is { IF <<Opportunity_LineItem_Product2>> = "COMBO - Pricing" <<Opportunity_LineItem_UnitPrice>> "" * MERGEFORMAT } and in that formula I would change "COMBO - Pricing" to the other plan names in different sections of my document.

You can always create a relationshp alias with a filter to narrow down a query. Relationships allow you to include filters so you can narrow down your search of products to "COMBO - Pricing" and generate unique tags for your query to use in a template. In this case, you don't even need to use a formula in the template anymore since the relationship will already do the IF <<Opportunity_LineItem_Product2>> = "COMBO - Pricing" for you in the form of a filter that you create on the relationsihp . You would just use the unitprice tag of your alias.

<<YourAlias_UnitPrice>>

Here's some documentation to help you understand how to create alias relationships.

Alias Relationship